DIAMOND SPRINGS, KANSAS
When the Santa Fe Trail was first surveyed in 1825, Diamond
Springs was called the Diamond of the Plain, and records of Santa
Fe traders who passed by Diamond Springs date back as early as
1821 when William Becknell, called the father of the trail,
combined several Indian paths and created a line of commerce
between the United States and the residents of Santa Fe, then
governed by Mexico. The Frank Atkinson Ranch was located at
Diamond Springs on Turkey Creek.
Return to the
Kansas Community Networks
or return to the
Heritage Server Home Page.