City of Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas
Featured Topeka Music
Wild Eye Live @ KJHK 2017 (Ross Williams)
Wild Eye Part 2 Live @ KJHK 2017
Joe Schoonover-Guitar; Sam Goodell-Keys; Lucas Parker-Bass; Taylor Babb-Drums
Joe Schoonover-Guitar; Joel Stratton-Bass; Matt Leifer-Drums
Joe Schoonover Flor de Lis by Djavan. Standing Room Only, 2015.
LoudLight, Progressive pro-voting and student voter registration group based in Topeka. Davis Hammet is director.
Mark Dunn's Flint Hills: Mark Dunn shares with you his view of the Flint Hills in all their moods -- easily one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth; KanColl Graphics
National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Bowker House - Located southeast of the Kansas Statehouse, this two-story limestone residence was built in 1866 by Reverend Samuel Bowker to serve as a boarding house for students of Lincoln College (Washburn University). It is the only extant resource associated with Lincoln College and is believed to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited residences in Topeka.
Shawnee County KS Web Sites
Art and Theater
Events and Festivals
History Web Directories
State and National
Schools and Universities
Visitors and Tour Groups
Old West Kansas
Books and Articles
Northeast Kansas Towns
- Artists In Kansas Kansas Art Centers, Kansas Art Galleries, KS Art Museums
- Denise Low, Kansas Poet Laureate
- Beats In Kansas The Beat Generation in the Heartland
with Topeka-native Ronald Johnson. ['Anybody can make Paris holy, but I can make Topeka holy.' Jack Kerouac]
- William Burroughs Photo Gallery (1914 - August 2, 1997) Beats In Kansas 2004
- The Collective Art Gallery, Topeka
- Cooking In Kansas KS Recipes, cowboy, pioneer cooking, hamburger history
- Helen Hocker Center for the Performing Arts, Topeka
- Mulvane Art Museum of Washburn University, Topeka
- Alice C. Sabatini Gallery, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka
- The Kansas Guidebook for explorers, by Marci Penner. A tour of every organized city in the state. 432-page book with 400+ color photos and 3,597 entries.
- WWW-VL: History: W3 Search Engines Internet search engines worldwide,
search engine tips, website tools, virus and spyware protection.
Site maintained by George Laughead, AAM Small Museums & Technology. Site established 1993. Thanks to the late Dr. Lynn H. Nelson, author of "HNSource, the first history site on the WWW." and WWW-VL: History First site on the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
Return to the Kansas Community Networks Towns, Cities, Counties
or return to Kansas Heritage.
Return to the Top. Site previously maintained at the University of Kansas. Update: 09 Sept 2020